The Association for Community Living Agencies in Mental Health (ACLAIMH) is a statewide membership organization of not-for-profit agencies that provide housing and rehabilitation services to over 35,000 people diagnosed with serious and persistent psychiatric disabilities.
ACLAIMH is committed to the principles that:
- Life skills are best acquired in the environments where individuals live and work
- People should be actively involved in all aspects of their rehabilitation
- Housing options and support services should be determined by individual needs and preferences. An array of safe, affordable housing options and flexible support services must be available to meet those needs and preferences
- Individuals, families, service providers and advocates must share the challenge of designing cost-effective programs that promote recovery
- Service providers should educate the public to eliminate the stigma and discrimination that prevent individuals from realizing their full potential
About Essential Learning
“Our mission is to deliver practical, affordable, accredited online training through high quality content and state of the art training management solutions for organizations and individuals with a focus on providing exceptional customer service.”
CEQuick is the brainchild of Essential Learning founders Sue Erskine and Dr. Lorraine Watson. The two women have spent a combined 58 years in the health and human services field. After working together for many years on other projects, the two came together in 2002 to lay the foundation for a new way to support behavioral health care organizations. “At the time, we were way ahead of the curve”, remembers Sue Erskine, CEO. “We wanted to provide organizations with the tools to manage their staff training in a consistent and manageable way featuring the highest quality of evidence based and evidence informed course content.”
In the intervening years, the pair has assembled a team of professionals dedicated to this ongoing mission and expanded their mission to include individual learners. “CEQuick was developed as a way to share our course content with professionals who have an ongoing need for professional development “says Dr. Watson. “We remove many of the barriers to traditional professional development through our widely accredited online content that is both affordable and easily accessible."
Beginning in 2010, Essential Learning redoubled its effort to provide quality content through a new technical analytics program and extensive field testing of all online course content. These new quality review procedures in concert with new CE management tools ensure that our customers continue to benefit from highest quality evidence based and evidence informed affordable online courses while saving time and money over traditional CE opportunities.